The Cost of General Dentistry
Starts From £45
Are you looking for a new dentist? Have you just moved to Milton Keynes and need to arrange a dentist appointment? Look no further!
At Citident Dental Practice our experienced dentists and team provide a full range of general dental treatments in a modern clean, and relaxing environment. All patients who attend our practice are treated as individuals with great care and attention to detail.
Should you need any furthergeneral dental treatments you will be given a detailed treatment plan outlining options where possible to allow you to make an informed decision.
Click on the list in our side menu of all our general dental treatments we offer.
& discuss your options
01908 606 666
We apologise if our phone lines are busy, but please email us with your details and we’ll call you back.
When was the last time you had your dental examination?
A dental examination is important in keeping a good oral health. Some patients may need dental examinations every six months or longer whereas others may need more frequent examinations depending on their oral health.
During a dental examination our experienced dentist here at Citident Dental Practice will check the following
- Face, neck, mouth and gums for any abnormalities
- Signs of mouth cancer
- Jaw bones
- Signs of decay
- Existing Fillings
- Dentures and bridges where applicable
Your dental examination may include a dental x-ray.
Benefits of dental examination:
Some of the benefits of regular dental examinations are
- Early diagnosis of dental decay and treatment helping to prevent potential major problems
- Mouth cancer screening could help detect mouth cancer early and treat them without further complications.
- You could save yourself money in the long run if you attend your dental appointments regularly as problems detected early could be treated early.
- Good oral health means a healthier you.
Hygienist & bad breath treatment
Get your teeth stain free and professionally cleaned by our experienced hygienist.
A dental hygienist is a licensed dental professional who specializes in preventive oral health, typically focusing on techniques in oral hygiene.
The hygienist is able to perform a number of procedures including deep cleanings, scaling and root planing for patients with periodontal disease, dental sealants, administration of fluoride, and provide instructions for proper oral hygiene and care.
Their main focus is to ensure that you are given the tools to keep your teeth free of plaque.
Benefits of visiting the Hygienist:
- Demonstrate effective tooth brushing technique – remove plaque without causing tooth wear and receding gums.
- Advice on the best aid to clean in between teeth – this ensures that you clean the 40% of teeth that brushing alone misses.
- Treating and preventing periodontal disease – this ensures that you are able to keep your natural teeth for as long as possible.
- Removal of plaque and hard (calculus) deposits – this helps to reduce the risk of decay and gum disease.
Having a bad breath can ruin the first impression. Let our experienced team help you.
Bad breath is also known as halitosis is a very common problem in most people and there are many different causes of it. Persistent bad breath is usually caused by the smelly gases released by plaque the bacteria that cover your gums and teeth in your mouth.Food particles that get caught between the teeth and on the tongue will decay and can sometimes cause an unpleasant smell. So correct and regular brushing is very important to keep your breath smelling fresh. However, strong foods like garlic, coffee and onions can also add to the problem.
Bad breath can also be caused by medical problems such as dry mouths which normally affect the flow of saliva in your mouth; also infections of the throat, nose and lungs can also cause bad breath.
The bacteria on our teeth and gums (plaque) also cause gum disease and dental decay. One of the warning signs of gum disease is that you always have bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth. Again, your dentist or hygienist will be able to see and treat the problem during your regular check-ups. The earlier the problems are found, the more effective the treatment will be.
The team at Citident Dental Practice can help you resolve bad breath issues.
If you do have bad breath, you will need to start a routine for keeping your mouth clean and fresh. Also regular check-ups and hygiene visits will allow them to watch out for any areas where plaque is caught between your teeth. We will be able to clean all those areas that are difficult to reach. They will also be able to show you the best way to clean your teeth and gums, and show you any areas you may be missing, including your tongue.
Replace your silver fillings with white or teeth coloured fillings. Fillings are used to restore teeth that have been damaged by decay or have been cracked or broken.
Composite fillings can be matched to the natural colour of your teeth, meaning that the fillings are less noticeable. This is especially important if fillings are needed in front teeth that are visible when you smile. Composite fillings are strong but may not be as hard wearing as amalgam fillings.
Benefits of dental fillings
- Prevention – By having teeth filled and treated quickly after decay or a crack is noticed the tooth will be prevented from deteriorating further and avoids the need for more extensive dental treatment.
- Long lasting – Tooth coloured fillings are long lasting and depending on how well you look after your teeth could lost you.
- Appearance – Composite fillings usually look like your natural teeth and are great for replacing silver or amalgam fillings.
- Support -White fillings bond to your teeth offering support to the tooth structure.
Dental crowns help restore damaged or broken teeth. They are caps which are placed over broken teeth to strengthen and repair them, restoring the shape of the natural tooth.
Dental crowns when cemented in place fully cover the entire visible part of the teeth that lie above the line of the gums.
Crowns can be made of a number of different materials and we will be able to advise you as to the best material dependent on the type of crown required and its placement within your mouth.
Benefits of dental crowns:
- Support – To cover and support a tooth with a large filling where there isn’t much tooth left after the filling.
- Restore – Dental crowns are great for restoring broken teeth or severely word down teeth.
- Protection – Dental crowns also protect tooth that are weak from breaking or cracked.
- Cosmetic – They can also be used to improve the cosmetic appearance of your smile.
A dental bridge is made up of two or more crowns for the teeth on either side of the missing tooth or teeth and a false tooth or teeth in between.
Dental bridges can be made of a number of different materials and your dentist will be able to advise you as to the best material dependent on the type of crown required and its placement within your mouth.
Benefits of dental bridges
- Aesthetics – Not only can you replace that missing tooth making you look great by crowning the tooth either side of the missing tooth the crowns could be used to improve the appearance of those teeth.
- Long lasting – Fixed bridges tend to last long enough if the teeth and gums are looked after well.
- Less invasive – Dental bridges are normally less invasive than dental implants.
- Relatively quick – Dental bridges are relatively quick to place usually within 2 appointments.
Root canal treatment
Root canal treatment is needed when the blood or nerve supply of the tooth is infected through decay or injury.
This infection can spread through the root of the tooth and cause an abscess. As the nerve inside the tooth is likely to be dead you are unlikely to feel any pain in the initial stages of the infection. However as the infection progresses and an abscess forms you may experience some pain and swelling.
In order to save the tooth it is necessary to perform a root canal treatment.
As root canal treatment is a complex and time consuming procedure it may be necessary for you to visit the dentist two or three times for the treatment to be fully completed.
Following successful root canal treatment the tooth will need to be crowned to both strengthen and protect it.
Most cases of root canal treatment can be completed here are Citident Dental Practice. However in some cases it may be necessary to refer you to a specialist in root canal treatment, an endodontist, who will have additional equipment to ensure the best possible outcome.
A denture is used to replace lost or missing teeth and can ensure that you are still able to smile with confidence.
Dentures can be full meaning that they replace all the teeth on either your upper or lower jaw or partial meaning that they will fill the spaces left by lost or missing teeth. Partial dentures are often secured with clasps which fit round your remaining teeth. This helps to make the denture more secure.
Dentures can either be made from acrylic or chrome cobalt metal. Your dentist will be able to advice on the best material for your denture depending on your oral health history.
Benefits of dentures:
- Specific to you – With dentures they are designed specifically for your teeth and snugly fit your gums to allow them to fit.
- Healthy lifestyle – Dentures can allow you to chew most food more comfortably and thus gain full nutrients that your body needs which means you can have a healthy life.
- Reduces snugging facial muscles – Leaving gaps in your mouth could lead to your facial muscles snugging because there is no support.
- Enhances your appearance – From a cosmetic perspective have missing teeth replaced by dentures helps improve your looks rather than have gaps showing in your smile.
Cost of General Dentistry
PRIVATE FEES GUIDE
|Dental Consultation For New Patient||£45|
|Routine Dental Examination||£40|
|Natural White Fillings||From £65|
|Silver Fillings||From £40|
|Root Canal Treatment* – Incisor||From £140|
|Root Canal Treatment* – Premolar||From £185|
|Root Canal Treatment* – Molar||From £285|
|*Price may vary according to level of complexity|