Six Month Smiles
Citident Dental Practice offers a revolutionary fixed braces system that can straighten the front upper and lower teeth in approximately six months.
The braces are custom-made using Lucid-Lok™ clear brackets to match the natural colour of your teeth, and tooth coloured wires. They gently apply pressure to move your teeth into symmetrical alignment. They are a more discreet option than traditional metal braces, therefore a very popular option for adults wanting braces. Although, this procedure is not suitable for patients with complex or severe orthodontic issues, it is very effective in straightening the front teeth, and this is what makes your smile look perfect.
The actual duration of the procedure can vary between patients and their individual needs (such as the severity of the teeth misalignment), however many patients have completed treatment in as little as six months.
Book your complimentary Six Month Smiles consultation with us as our dental practice in Milton Keynes today!
Before and After Six Month Smiles
Spreading the cost of treatment
Get an interest-free loan in under 5 minutes
Who is Six Month Smiles for?
The Six Months Smiles orthodontic treatment can correct a variety of dental problems in a short period of time. It is a suitable option for those patients who do not have a complex orthodontic issue, such as:
- Reduce overbite, open bite or underbites
- Straighten crowded or rotated teeth
- Inverse smile
- Close spacing or gaps
Six month braces are not suitable for patients with:
- Complex bite corrections
- Crossbites, severe overbites or underbites and crossbites
- Corrections to the back teeth
Clear braces versus metal braces
When compared to traditional metal braces, Six Month Smiles braces are more discreet (due to their tooth coloured appearance), more comfortable, and quicker to correct alignment and spacing of teeth. This is beneficial to those patients who are in public facing roles, or do not like the appearance of silver metal braces.
The only similarly they have is that they are both fixed braces, therefore the brackets for either system need to be bonded to the front enamel of your teeth, followed by the attachment of wires.
The Six Month Smiles Procedure
- Initial Free Consultation – During this appointment, you let us know all your dental concerns and we give you all the options that may be suitable for you.
- Dental Exam – Once you have booked on for treatment then we conduct an oral examination, with x-rays and impressions as part of your treatment plan. This is to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy and suitable for the orthodontic treatment.
- Fitting of the braces – At the next appointment the braces are fitted and you will be given advice on how to look after them.
- Regular check-ups – It is important to book in monthly check-ups with the orthodontist to check progress on your teeth. It’s an opportunity to tighten the brace wires (if necessary) to aid the movement of teeth into position. Due to the tightening, you may experience some temporary discomfort for a few hours, but this is normal and a sign that the wires are doing what they need to.
- Your last appointment – once all your teeth have aligned into the perfect position then your last appointment will include removing your braces and attachments. This is the perfect opportunity to enquire about teeth whitening, and fixed or removeable retainers to ensure your teeth alignment doesn’t relapse.
Six Month Smiles - finance options available
Example of how this would work for having treatment on finance
|Term (Months)||10 Months|